st. catherine qoute

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SET THE WORLD ON FIRE!
(St. Catherine of Siena)
Save

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fresh Perspectives, New Opportunities

I don't know about you but this has been a really great summer!!! I have loved being able to some little road trips with friends and been able to catch up on a lot on reading. I have gotten a spiritual director finally (YAY!) and I am excited because I sense she will challenge me in my spiritual life but also be there to help guide and give me direction.

I am excited for all the new opportunities God has in front of me. I will be working as a part-time Youth Minister at two parishes, "LOL" and "St. G" (code names:) I love working with young people, they energize, inspire, and teach me so much. Whether we are having a deep conversation on a mission trip or just being silly and hanging out at a lock-in, God uses it all. I am also very excited to continue my graduate studies at Sacred Heart Seminary in Detroit; I am working on a Master's in Pastoral Studies. I love the professors; they are passionate about the Catholic faith and know what they are talking about. Several of them are converts from various Protestant denominations, so they come with an interesting perspective, and usually a wealth of knowledge on Scripture. I love learning more about my faith, and I feel this is an institution that will only challenge more spiritually and academically. I am also going to be getting involved in a student fellowship group, The Fellowship of St. Paul. It is a fellowship group for both seminarians and students to gather for praise/worship, prayer ministry, and speakers and discussion groups to grow deeper in life of grace, as well as grow in the gifts of the Holy Spirit. I am also thinking about possibly participating in a mission trip with Renewal Ministries, a Catholic Evangelistic outreach to people all over the world. It is something that has been on my mind and heart for awhile, to go to Africa on a mission trip...we'll shall see. I feel like I am at a point in my life where I simply want to share the joy of my Catholic faith with any and everybody! To be a missionary in where God has me in my life right now.

Yesterday I was spending some time praying over these words of Scripture: "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well" (Matthew 7:33). I have a sense I am where God wants me right now in my life. I have a certain certainty of my call to be a wife and mommy somewhere down the road.... As for the present, this Scripture was such an affirmation and helped give me a fresh perspective as I begin a new year in grad school and new opportunities in ministry. Jesus calls me (all of his disciples) to do His work first and foremost. Do it with passion, zeal, and love...and the rest will work itself out. My first priority in life is my relationship with God and the work He has me doing or has given to me.

Jesus, help me to keep being your faithful little pencil and do Your work faithfully...You sort out the rest of the details. You know my heart...I don't know Lord, but thankfully You do!

No comments:

Post a Comment